Sequel to this, before undertaking any significant change initiatives, here are few questions to think through.
Does the change we are considering do the following:
- Differentiate our company on its ability to change and make it harder for others to copy?
- Develop and help the business succeed?
- Improve business that gives us an advantage?
- Minimize the negative impact on the business?
- Enable a course correction to meet our goals?
- Have a sound objective and plan to achieve competitive advantage (or is this change for change’s sake?)
- Drive change in our industry?
- Prevent our competitor from seizing the initiative (in the long run, it’s usually more expensive to copy innovation)?
- Gives us enough time for our people to grow, learn and adapt before moving on to next large scale change?
What are your thoughts?